Tuesday, December 10, 2013

DAY - 89+90

Apologies for the delay....

Last night I participated in Steve Bloch's Speed Pitch.  Personally, I thought it was great!  I meet with over 6 music industry pros in less than 2 hours.  From publishers, to managers, to an American Idol finalist, all of whom were looking for music.  I had a fantastic night with amazing response!  5 out of the 6 people I met with wanted copies of one or more of the songs I played for them and 3 of which gave me their personal contact info.  Couldn't have gone better! :)  If you've got a decent size catalog of well-recorded music I highly recommend this event.  You can even do it via Skype.  However, the vibe I got was that some of the pros actually liked meeting in person.  I for one liked meeting in person as well.  You have a better shot of making an actual connection.  Nothing beats a hand shake.  I also met a really cool songwriter who was also attending the session.  All in all, a great night.

Today I reached out to the 3 people that gave me their contact info.  Unfortunately, I'm technically not supposed to divulge the names...but... what I can say is that one was the American Idol finalist, and the other 2 were song pluggers for publishers.  I'm sure if I develop a relationship with any of these people in the future I'll be able to throw out some names.  ;)

So that's the story! 

2 comments: