Monday, December 3, 2012

DAY - 352 + 353

Apologies for the delay.  Had to do some MAJOR digging lately and stumbled across a really cool Nashville label/publishing company called Major Bob. (wow...no pun intended..I swear)  Artists like Garth Brooks and The Band Perry are signed with Major Bob as well as a team of really great writers.  Yesterday and today I reached out to two different staff members.  The first of which, Mike Doyle is the VP or Creative and the GM of the company and the second is head of A&R, Jesse Frasure.

I sent an email, yesterday, to Mike Doyle letting him know a bit about myself and my goals to become a published writer/artist.  I let him know I'm moving to Nashville in the near future and interested in co-writing with a member of his team.   Today, I sent a similar email to Jesse Frasure.  In the email to Jesse, since he's A&R, I focused more on what I'm doing as an artist both as "Michael August" and my pop/country side project "Sweet Angeline".   I've definitely hit a dry spell with people getting back to me, so we'll see if this sparks any interest.

On a side note,  I noticed there was another employee that works at Major Bob named Wendi Crosby.  I could swear she plays in a society 19-piece Big Band with my co-writer, J Fred Knobloch.  I reached out to Fred today to see.  Who knows...connecting the dots may help. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment