Friday, December 14, 2012

DAY - 362

TGIF!  Got a really cool "forward" today from Taxi.com.  Let me explain briefly.  Taxi.com is a site you can sign up to that sends you listings for industry pros (label reps, tv&film reps, producers) that are looking for songs.  If you've been following along you might have seen some of the listenings I posted here on the blog.  The way it works is that someone at Taxi.com screens all the songs submitted before sending to the industry pro... so in other words, our song will either get "returned" meaning rejected or "forwarded" meaning sent to the industry pro.   Anyway,  just got word today that one of my songs was forwarded to Vin Di Bona productions.  They're a TV production company that produce a bunch of popular shows including the most famous "America's Funniest Home Videos".   Just so you can see how it works, I'll post the listing below AND below that, I'll post what the person from Taxi.com responded AND below that I'll post a link to my taxi.com site so you can check it out and listen to the song.  If you're new to Taxi, this will give you a first hand look at how it works.  It's actually funny that they forwarded this one. It's only a rough mix of a half finished track! You'll see what I mean when you listen.  Nonetheless, it's definitely a good sign!  The song is an upbeat, pop track (a la vein of Maroon 5, The Wanted, Justin Bieber) called "Insomnia" and I wrote it with the Sweet Angeline team of Tyler James and Liv Devine.  The track is in the midst of being produced by Jeremy Cimino from Jungle City in NYC.

PRODUCER of a LONG-RUNNING, POPULAR REALITY TV SHOW needs UPBEAT, ENERGETIC POP SONGS a la Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Justin Bieber, etc. The producer wants to be able to play off your lyrics, so be CREATIVE and CLEVER with your theme and content. SUPER FUN, MID-to-UPTEMPO SONGS only. Remember that this is for national TV so please don't submit songs that will invite beeps from the censors. Please avoid songs with lyrics mentioning specific brands or people's names. Vocal and instrumental performances should be fantastic! MALE or FEMALE vocals OK.

Hi Michael, thanks for submitting your song. I really like it and I'm going to forward it. The listing says "The producer wants to be able to play off your lyrics, so be CREATIVE and CLEVER." I think your song has a good cliche "Insomnia," although it's not in the chorus I like how you used it in the verses. It stands out. I also like how the chorus explains what the theme of the song is in a direct and catchy way. I think if Justin Beiber sang this song it would do well at top 40 radio. For this listing I think it's great because there are few scenarios this song will work for. Good luck to you!

www.taxi.com/mynameisaugust  

No comments:

Post a Comment