Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DAY - 359

More back and forth today with co-writer Eric Schwank while he's in Nashville.  So after talking more in depth I got the full story about the studio sess went.  Overall, Eric said the musicians were fantastic.  We had some of the top session guys including the fiddle player from Josh Turner's band. (same guy that played on my demo with Kirk Penney)  He said trying to accomplish three songs in a day and have them turnout the way we wanted was another story.  I haven't heard anything yet but Eric said at least one of them suffered a little identity crisis as far as feel, groove and energy.  I've heard this can be a problem at demo studios but haven't run into it until now.  I'm really looking forward to hearing stuff now.  The other hang up of course was the demo singer canceling.  We decided not to go with someone else and Skype in at a later date, or possibly even be there in person on another date.  It holds up the process but, hey, we have to make sure it's right.  So that's the story so far.

Also, I heard back from singer-songwriter Justin Klump.  Looks like we're gonna try to get together next time I'm in town.  Looking forward to it...Justin is a fantastic guitarist and songwriter... definitely check out his new EP...it's beautiful.  www.justinklump.com 

Today I also sent an email to Fred Knobloch to start discussing new song ideas and demo plans for our latest 2 songs.  We've got some killer tunes on the way, one mid-tempo and one ballad.  After getting a new batch of demos together I'm planning on approaching Daniel Lee from BMG and Natalie Harker from Cal IV to follow up.



No comments:

Post a Comment