Monday, December 10, 2012

DAY - 358

The recital on Friday night was a success!  When asked what my favorite part about it was, I have been responding, "The fact that it's over!"  Don't get me wrong,  I had a BLAST!  The band was fantastic, the sound was perfect, the crowd was great, and everything went off without a hitch.  What I'm referring to is the preparation and pressure.  I can play a show in front of hundreds of people without getting worked up, I can play a crowded bar with people screaming, "play my song! play my song!" any day of the week,  but having to play in front of a dead quiet room full of my peers... now that's scary.  You know everyone is judging and critiquing and it takes a lot to forget it all and just have fun.  Luckily enough, I got in the zone and stayed there all night.  What a great memory!  Since most of you couldn't be there, here are some pictures...



Now, down to business...

Good friend and co-writer, Eric Schwank (as seen in above picture, in the hat) is in Nashville as we speak demoing 3 songs (2 of which we co-wrote) at Studio 19!!  I'm SO pumped.  I can't wait to hear the songs and I can't wait for you to hear them as well.  We ran into one snag.  Turns out, Eric got an email late last night that our demo singer lost his voice and won't be able to do the session today...ahhh!  This especially sucks because Eric flew all the way down just to cut these songs.  2 options we're looking at...1) Get a new demo singer 2) Have our original demo singer sing the songs after the fact while we skype in for the session.   We're still deciding...it's tough because we really like our guy.  More to come on this.

Also, today I reached out to an old songwriting friend from Vancouver, WA, Justin Klump.  Justin and I have managed to bump into each other a couple times over the past 6 years while playing shows.  It turns out that he moved to Nashville and is doing really well.  Just released a great 5-song EP.  I just reached out today to re-connect and let him know I'll be moving to town as well in the near future.  Great to know more people!  

1 comment:

  1. totally understand where you're coming from with the "SO GLAD IT'S OVER"! i always hated recitals.

    congrats on being done! I'm sure it went great :)

    ReplyDelete