Wednesday, December 19, 2012

DAY - 365

"All your hard work will soon pay off."  After filling up on delicious chinese take out, I broke open my fortune cookie and...no lie... that is what I read.

DAY

For the past 2 or 3 months, I've thought about what I would say on DAY - 365.  There is SO much to say.  But, I'm staring at an empty computer screen and honestly drawing a blank.   I don't think I can find the words to express how grateful I am for this project.  I'm not going to rattle off a list of my accomplishments. If you're reading this, you've probably already been along for the ride.  NO,  I did not sign a publishing deal or a recording contract within 365 business days by networking with at least one person in the music industry a day.  BUT, I have learned and progressed more as an artist, a songwriter and a business mind in this year, than I have in the past 10 years combined...and that is priceless.  Throughout the year, many people have asked me, "What are you going to do if you don't reach your goal?"  I never really knew how to respond, but through the process, an answer has presented itself.  You know, "Making it 365"... making it in 365 days...that's a set goal.  But, what I've realized is that making it 365 is more than a goal...it's a life style...it's a philosophy.  If you want something so badly, you HAVE to work at it every_ single_ day.

That being said,  I WILL continue the spirit of this blog.  I will continue networking, writing, recording, everyday.  I may not post everyday, but I will post very frequently with detailed recaps...successes, failures and lessons learned.  So if you're interested, STAY TUNED!

I don't think I could write anything that is going to sum up this adventure better than the mini-documentary that I've been telling you about!  So, being that it's the last day of this blogging adventure,  I thought it would be fitting to release, for your viewing pleasure,  "Making It 365", filmed and produced by Chris Zurzolo and J Paul Simeone from Olive Branch Productions.  Hope you enjoy!



Finally, in traditional fashion...  Let's get back to business.
Today I met with Owner/Executive Producer at Turtle Studios in Philadelphia, Jay Levin.  Jay and I had a great meeting in which we discussed the possibility of teaming up on future songwriting/recording projects.  Turtle Studios is a beautifully restored facility with a killer live room and an amazing vibe.  Definitely looking forward to working with Jay on some upcoming projects.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment