Monday, December 17, 2012

DAY - 363

Hope you had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty eventful!  Saturday night, one of my best buddies from High School had a Christmas/House-warming party.  Fantastic party, not to mention a beautiful house in Philadelphia.  He purchased it last year and the spent the better part of the year gutting the place and completely renovating it.  He seriously spared no expense.  The place is absolutely gorgeous... a bachelor pad fit for a king!  Sunday was pretty sweet.  After a brunch, celebrating my sister's boyfriend's 30th B-day, I headed straight to Haddonfield, NJ.  In a gazebo, in the center of King's Court, I had the honor of playing a song while an old friend of mine proposed to his girlfriend!!   She was TOTALLY surprised. They came walking down the court on a nice little stroll through town and some random guy (me) happened to be playing "their song" in the gazebo.  As soon as they walked up, my friend Matt got down on one knee and proposed.  She said, "yes" and it was a magical little moment.  Congratulations to the happy couple! :)

Have to admit, I slept in a little today.  Had to enjoy not having an 8:30am class.  Around 9:30am EST I started digging to find some new contacts and after about an hour of researching I stumbled across a Nashville label and publishing company called, Black River Music Group.  Today I reached out to the head of A&R at Black River, Doug Johnson.  I told Doug a bit about myself and my ambitions, kept it relatively brief and let him know I'm interested in meeting next time I'm in town.  We shall see.

We are getting down to the wire folks.  Today is day 363.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment