Saturday, November 12, 2011

DAY - 90

Apologies for the lateness of this blog...this is for yesterday, 11/11/11  (wow I forgot to make a wish)

Super busy day for music.  Kicked off with songwriting session with Tyler James.  We started working on some new song ideas for Tyler's forthcoming solo album.  Got some pretty cool ideas down, melodies and such, but nothing to write home about yet.

After the writing session I had a chance to submit to listing on Music X Ray...this is what it said...


Legendary producer Stuart Epps is offering a song critique/career coaching that could lead to a production deal! Take advantage of this opportunity to get your music in front of a seasoned professional who can help. Some of Epps' most noteworthy clients have included Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Chris Rea, George Harrison, Mick Fleetwood, Barry White, George Michael, Mark Owen, Cliff Richard, Twisted Sister, Brian Adams, Oasis, Kiki Dee, Robbie Williams, Bill Wyman and of course Elton John.

I decided to submit my song "Caroline"... http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/caroline

Then it was off to a gig. (I played a beautiful cocktail hour for a wedding) I think I've decided that cocktail hours are my favorite gigs. (cover song gigs, that is) If I HAVE to play cover songs, the best place to do it is in a beautiful, relaxed environment and ONLY for an hour... usually 6pm-7pm.  In and out!   So if you're getting married, let me know, I'll play your cocktail hour :)

Today: 11/12/2011

Tyler James and I are forming a game plan to demo a song we wrote about 4 months ago.  Its a upbeat dance/pop song called "Get U On The Floor".  We discussed approaching a well-established philly producer named, Dilemma to produce the song with us.  Keep you posted on how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment