Wednesday, November 2, 2011

DAY - 83

Great day for music!  Recorded a vocal and started a brand new song idea with 'Sweet Angeline' co-writer Liv Devine and the musical director/lead guitarist of her band, Gene Micofsky.  Gene is actually living out in LA, but he sent over a kick ass guitar riff idea via email.  The riff was so catchy we had to start sketching out ideas.  Definitely psyched about this one! Think we'll get a skype session happening next week :)

NYC music publisher Jeremy Yohai got back to me today. (refer to yesterday)  He thought the song was really good!  I just wrote him back.  I let him know that we were originally going for a Rascal Flatts pitch, but I was wondering if he knew of any artists/groups that he thinks the song would be a good pitch for.  I'm thinking that if he's really diggin the tune he might want to jump on board and help us pitch it...or in other words...stand in as my publisher.  Jeremy is a young, creative and super smart publisher.  He's the type of guy I would definitely love to work with.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment