Thursday, November 10, 2011

DAY - 89


When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

Henry J. Kaiser


I came across this quote today and found it to be helpful for me.  I noticed that one of my first instincts when I'm pitching a song or even writing a song is to 'sell' or convince the other person of why its a good idea or a strong song.  I just realized today that great music or a great song speaks for itself...especially when the 'right' person is listening.  No amount of convincing can make it better... or worse.

In light of this, I emailed Alex Torrez today from Torrez Music group.  I found out he was looking for songs to pitch to Tim McGraw so I sent him "20/20" (the new song the Sweet Angeline team wrote and recorded with hit songwriter, Jason Blume) check it out... www.sweetangelinemusic.com

 I think it would be a great pitch for Tim McGraw assuming he'll be going more in the direction of his current hit "Felt Good On My Lips"...but... then again, I'll let the work speak for itself  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment