Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DAY - 102

Heard back from ASCAP regarding Darius Rucker. (refer to day 100)  Anna referred us to his McGhee Entertainment, which is Darius Rucker's management and she gave us the phone number.  Today I called McGhee entertainment and inquired to see if Darius was in fact looking for songs and if he was accepting "outside material". (Outside material refers to songs that are written by other writers and not the artists themselves)  Josh at McGhee Ent. confirmed that Darius IS looking for songs.  I told Josh I wanted to submit a song but he said they're not accepting unsolicited material. (Unsolicited material refers to songs that are not represented by a major label or publisher)  When I told him I had co-written the song with hit songwriter, Jason Blume he changed his tune :)  He ended up giving me his email address which I then forwarded to Jason Blume so he can submit.

It once again proves that the music business is truly more about WHO you know than WHAT you know. I'm finding more and more that the potential success of this blog challenge of 'making it in 365' is directly connected to making friends and allies in the music biz.  Doors that would have been closed 102 days ago are now beginning to open.  I look forward and pray for the day that I can open any door because of who I am, not because of who I know.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment