Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DAY - 27

Another great day for music.  Kicked it off bright and early (for a musician) with a recording/writing session featuring my good friend and long time co-writer, Eric Schwank.  Eric and I have been through 2 bands and written 3 albums together for 'Fire by Night' and 'My Name is August'.  Over the past year,  we've been getting into writing and recording Country music... we both pull from different influences so when we collaborate we each have something interesting to bring to the table.  Today, we were initially  planning on finishing a demo recording of a tune Eric has been working on but instead got caught up writing something new all day!  The song is called "Are You Picking Up What I'm Putting Down?" Its an upbeat, country rocker that is sure to make you smile... can't wait for you to hear this one! :)

Big thanks to my friend Laura for introducing me to a new contact today!! Thanks to Laura, I emailed Steve Kline from 10th Street Entertainment.  Steve has been a player in the music industry for a long time, having worked at Columbia, Sony and J Records he is now the senior VP of marketing and promotion for 10th Street Ent. in NYC.  I sent Steve an email telling him a bit about myself and my goals and let him know that I'd love to meet or speak more in detail and also give him some of music.  If he likes what he hears, Steve is the type of guy who can open some doors... (saying my prayers)

***Note:  If you're reading this and know someone that I should contact please let me know!! email me...mynameisaugust@yahoo.com... and I'll contact them tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment