Monday, August 1, 2011

DAY - 1

Today is August 1st. Just so happens to be the day my grandpop was born, his first name was August. The name was passed down to my dad who in turn passed it down to me.  I thought this was the perfect day to start this adventure.  So let's keep this short and simple.

Today I emailed Barbara Cloyd, Nashville songwriter and booking agent at the world famous Bluebird Cafe, (where Taylor Swift got signed) in hopes of booking a showcase gig while I'm in Nashville Aug. 17th-23rd.  I also bought tickets to see the famous songwriter, Jeffrey Steele (basically wrote every Rascal Flatts smash hit!) perform at the Tin Roof in Nashville.   I was given a tip that this would be a great night/place for networking.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment