Saturday, August 27, 2011

DAY - 23

Batten the hatches, pull in the porch furniture and make sure there's plenty of food and booze in the fridge...Hurricane Irene is a coming!  In light of the approaching storm I figured I would get my networking done earlier today.

I did, in fact, check into MusicXray.com.  I spoke with some knowledgeable sources, did some research of my own and from what I gather it is a pretty legit operation.  So here's how it works... Music industry professionals (i.e. Label A&R reps, Publishers, Licensing Firms, Songwriters) post listings on the site looking for something specific. For example,

Songs For Artist on Epic Records 
I will be assisting Epic to search for songs for a young artist who sounds somewhere between Ke$ha and Shakira. Must have attitude! Submit your best and if it's right I will share with the VP of A&R at Epic.



I decided to take a chance so I submitted to a few listings today.  One was for a Warner Chappell published songwriter looking to collaborate and the other was a country label called Show Dog (founded by Toby Keith) looking for songs and new artists.  I should hear back within 2 weeks so I'll keep you posted!  


If your on the east coast like me...STAY SAFE!



No comments:

Post a Comment