Sunday, August 28, 2011

DAY - 24

I heard back from one of the listings on MusicXray already! (refer to day 23)  They did not select my song.  "This is not quite what we're seeking"... was the automated response.  Aahh the bitter sting of rejection.  As tough as my skin has become over of the years, 'NO' still feels a lot worse than 'YES'.

What do you do when you fall off the horse, take your bruised ego and go home? Absolutely NOT...you get back on!  So today I submitted to another listing.  This one was for a Publishing/Licensing firm in LA looking for songs for TV, Film and Advertising.  I submitted the song I wrote and recorded for Big Brothers Big Sisters of America called 'Start of Something Good".  I have a deal set up with BBBS so that a % of all sales from the song will be donated back to the company. Any exposure of this song will be great in more ways than one!  If you haven't heard it you can take a listen here... http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/start-of-something-good

Anyway, I was just finishing a new song called, "Love & Rock n' Roll' gonna get back to it while the creative juices are flowing.  Hopefully I'll have a demo to show you in the near future.  Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment