Friday, August 26, 2011

DAY - 22

So still in the spirit of contacting artists/management directly,  I contacted Mission Management today.  Let me properly explain... Mission Mgmt represents country stars Danny Gokey and Darryl Worley.  I've written a song I think would be a great fit for Darryl Worley's voice, image and personality. (In other words, he would kill it!)  The song is called "Love Takes Work".  You can listen to my acoustic demo here  http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/love-takes-work-demo

Since there's no direct contact for Darryl himself, I'm attempting to get the song to him via his management. I've heard this tactic works sometimes (studies show that 60% of the time, it works every time) We shall see :)

In other news, I've stumbled across a new company called MusicXray www.musicxray.com It seems as though they post listings for professional publishers / songwriters / labels looking for songs.  I'll be looking into this site some more tonight to see if its legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment