Thursday, November 20, 2014

DAY - 314-317

My apologies for the long stretch in between posts.  I started writing a post yesterday morning, but then realized I was set to be observed at school and needed to put a bunch of "finishing touches" on my lesson plans.  Ahhh the challenges of living a double life.  Speaking of living a double life, this week has been fantastic for writing and I couldn't be more excited for what's in store today.

First off, I made a handful of song pitches this week including one to country artist, Tyler Farr.  His recent success with songs like "Redneck Crazy" and "Whiskey In My Water" has really gained the attention of country radio.  After listening to a good bit of his material, I thought "Rebound" would be a strong pitch.  I pitched his A&R team at Sony Music Nashville.  As always, we shall see.

Tuesday night, I had a great co-write with Kirk Penney.  Kirk sent me a killer idea that he'd been working on and Tuesday night we knocked it out of the park.  VERY cool song we decided we're going to demo.  Can't wait for you to hear it!

So what am I so excited about doing today you ask?  I have my second co-write with the super-talented, Jesse Walker from Liz Rose Music. (refer to DAY - 287) Last month, Jesse and I wrote a beautiful song in our first session.  Today, we're working in East Nashville with a 3rd writer, Adam Ollendorff.  Adam, besides being an awesome songwriter, happens to play guitar, pedal steel, and lap steel for two of my FAVORITE artists in Nashville...Will Hoge and Kacey Musgraves..among many others.  I'm am excited and honored to be working with two amazingly talented people later today.

More to come.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment