Tuesday, November 4, 2014

DAY - 305-306

My sister's wedding was beautiful!  We had blast catching up with family and old friends!  Cape May, NJ in the fall is gorgeous.  So many colors on the trees and the town is decorated to tee for Halloween.  Wish my sister and new brother an amazing first year of marriage and a lifetime of happiness.  For them, it's off to Saint Lucia for the honeymoon!



I am currently enjoying a beautiful day off from school.  Nashville teachers got off of school for voting day. Sweet!  I had a writing session lined up at Demolition Music Pub tonight but it looks like we're postponing until tomorrow.  So technically, I have off the entire day.  It's been great.  Slept in a little, caught up on paying bills, took the dog for a nice long walk, and did a TON of networking! Between yesterday morning and today, I did about a week's worth of emailing.  It feels good to be productive.

One of the biggest things I did this morning was email the head of A&R at Universal Music Nashville, Joe Fisher and ask for a meeting.  Joe wrote back to me about a song I pitched for Billy Currington a while ago asking if I had any more material.  At the time, I sent him what I had.  Now, I have a lot more in the catalog so I figured I'd ask for a meeting.   We shall see.

I reached out to long time family friend and successful NY songwriter, Dana Parish to keep in touch and send an update.  I also asked for some useful advice on a new song.  I wrote a song with Bill Gue called, "When I Am In Your Arms".  It's a Popera song (Pop/Opera) in the style of Josh Groban. I love how the song turned out, however I am very unfamiliar with the players in that market so I'm getting advice and ideas about pitching.  Dana has written for adult contemporary artists such as Celine Dion so I was thinking she might have some ideas.   If you've never heard Dana's music check her out...she's awesome! http://www.danaparish.com/

I made a connection with an LA publisher,  Katie Jelen from Secret Road Publishing,  through one of my co-writer's Matt Santry.  Secret Road is a publisher, as well as management company who's biggest client is Ingrid Michaelson.  

Lastly, I pitched "When I Am In Your Arms" to Mascioli Entertainment in consideration for their artists.

Those are the highlights.  More to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment