Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DAY - 300-302

Another year down.  Yesterday, was my birthday.  Not bad for a rainy work day.  Sue and I made the best of it last night and went to really cool new restaurant called "Sinema" and afterwards hit our favorite ice cream joint, Jeni's.  Sinema was really good.  High quality, chef inspired, gourmet dishes, cool atmosphere and a very knowledgable food and beverage staff helping pair food with wine selections.  It's a little pricey, but not too bad especially for a special occasion.

Dragging this morning.  I feel like I might be getting sick. Worst timing because this weekend my sister's getting married!  That's right, my sister, Toni and my future brother-in-law, Josh are getting married this weekend at a winery in Cape May, NJ.  Sue and I are flying back this Friday.  Looking forward to seeing my family for the weekend and celebrating such an awesome day!

This past Sunday, I played the Sunday writer's night at Bluebird Cafe.  Fantastic evening of music. About 10 songwriters performed including headlining hit songwriter, Hugh Moffet.  It's still amazes me to show up at a venue and see a line out the door and down the street.  The unassuming, Bluebird Cafe, set in a tiny strip mall, has become a true Nashville destination.  Folks from all over the world come to see shows.  Literally.  On Sunday, there were folks from Australia, England and Canada in attendance. Here's a pic...

Monday morning, I heard back from Joe Nichols' producer, Derek George.  (Refer to Day - 295-297)  I pitched Joe "One Kiss".  This is the first song Derek has gotten back to me about.  He said, "really cool song but not the one."  Damn! feel so close yet so far away.  It's exciting that I'm getting through the door, but of course a bummer I haven't hit the home run yet.  Patience is a virtue.  In the music business that proverb is especially important to remember.  :)

Yesterday morning, I made a few more follow ups and did a little writing with Jon D'Agostino.  This morning, I pitched Parmalee's team, "Brand New Love Song".

My head is up, my spirits are high, and I'm more excited than ever to take on this new year of my life and career.  Wish me luck!  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment