Wednesday, October 22, 2014

DAY - 295-297

The LA trip is officially booked!  (refer to last post) Co-writer, Bill Gue and I are all set to write with the amazing, Michael Jay.  I'm still so pumped about this opportunity.  Sue and I are actually going to make a little trip out of it.  We're flying out the weekend before and planning to spend a few extra days soaking in the California sun.   It's been a few years since we've been out to CA so I want to take advantage of it.

Monday, I pitched Joe Nichols' team "One Kiss".  Haven't heard anything back.

Yesterday, I had a writing session with UK artist/songwriter Jen Armstrong.  If you haven't heard Jen's music, check her out.  Really cool sound and a great voice! She also happens to be a killer songwriter.  We knocked another one out last night.

Later today, I'm skyping with Bill Gue to finish up a song we started a few weeks ago. Very cool concept with a nice little twist.  Looking forward to finishing.

This morning I also sent some emails following up and keeping in touch with contacts I've made thus far.  "It's all about the follow up" is an adage I learned in business school.  Honestly, the more I practice it, the more I realize how true it is.  

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment