Monday, October 13, 2014

DAY - 287-290

Crazy,  non-stop, exhausting, but awesome week.  Five new songs written and one house officially moved into.  I can't say it was a relaxing Fall break, but it was pretty damn productive. Who needs to relax anyway?  I can rest when I'm dead.  But seriously,  I've realized I've the become the type of person that if I'm not doing "something" I get anxious.  I can't even watch TV for too long without feeling like I'm wasting precious hours.  Are these signs of being a workaholic??

My writing sessions when great last week.  Friday was a big day for me.  Natalie Harker, the first publisher I ever had a meeting with, set me up on a write with one of her writers, Jesse Walker, at Liz Rose Music.  Like I said earlier, I was anxious about the session because I wanted to bring my A-game and prove myself, blah, blah blah. Well, it went amazingly well.  Not only did Jesse and I write a beautiful song, but we got two other dates on the calendar to write again.  Sweeet!

Sue and I are finally moved in to our new home in East Nashville.  Yesterday, we had lunch at one of favorite spots, (Mitchell's deli) which is now right down the street, and last night, we went to Midtown and 5 Points in East Nashville and it was totally awesome to be able to take a $7 Lyft ride home.  Couldn't be more excited about our new digs!!

This morning, I did some following up.  I also sent Rebekah Gordon at Warner Music an edit of a song she really dug, but had a few suggestions on the lyric.  My co-writers agreed and we made the edits.  Here's the song ONE KISS

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment