Wednesday, December 10, 2014

DAY - 323-328

My apologies for the long delay in posting.  Things got a little crazy this past week.  Besides my normal amount of writing, pitching, and networking, I've been working non-stop in preparation for the Winter Concert at my school.  Countless hours of rehearsing, planning, and random miscellaneous "things" went into making last night's concert go off without a hitch.  Thankfully, it did.  I was so proud to see my students perform their little hearts out in front of a packed house!!

Moments like last night,  remind me of why I love music and why I carry a special place in my heart for teaching music.  Watching parents wipe tears from their eyes, seeing an entire gymnasium smiling ear-to-ear, and soaking in the sound of a thunderous standing ovation not only fills me with joy, but it creates a truly special memory for each student.  Music gives extra meaning and purpose to everyone's lives and watching young teenagers discover that in front of my eyes is a unique and amazing experience.

The past week has been filled with great writing sessions and numerous pitches and networking opportunities.  There is BIG BIG news to come so please stay tuned. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment