Monday, July 14, 2014

DAY - 223-225

This past weekend my wife and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary.  Crazy how time flies!  It's hard to believe it's already been a year since we moved to Nashville and got married.  This past year has been incredibly busy and every month that passes brings new stresses and more run-around.  Such is life... and it's all great stuff!  But, I never thought I'd say it but, spending true quality time is a challenge.  This anniversary reminded me how lucky I am to have such a beautiful, smart, funny and supportive wife.  I couldn't being doing any of this without her.

Last Thursday and Friday are a blur.  Thursday, I spent time following up with other writers, a few publishers, and an A&R rep.  I heard back from Warner Bros A&R rep, Rebekah Gordon regarding the Blake Shelton pitch. (refer to Day - 223)  Unfortunately, Blake is totally done cutting for his upcoming project.  Oh well.  We'll get him next round!!

Friday, I spent literally 5 hours in the studio at Jason Garner Productions.  First, I laid down harmonies on a song,  then Taryn Papa came in and recorded a female harmony part on another song and finally my co-writer, Adam Searan came in and sang vocals for another song.  All 3 songs written with the fantastic team at Demolition Music Publishing.  (Jon D'Agostino, Jason Eustice, Adam Searan)  Can't wait for you to hear this new batch of tunes.  A lot of time and energy went into making these songs happen.  I'm really proud of each one!

Today, I reached out to John Ozier from Ole Music Publishing to follow up on the songs I sent about a week ago (refer to Day - 218).  Hoping he dug them!  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment