Friday, July 4, 2014

DAY - 219+220

Happy 4th of July!  Hope you're enjoying a day off and some beautiful weather where ever you are.  The sun is shining and there's a cool breeze blowing here in Music City.  We couldn't ask for a better 4th.  Can't wait to catch some fireworks tonight with the wife and mother-in-law.

I had a great week.  On Wednesday, I spent the afternoon at Jason Garner Productions demoing 2 out of 3 new songs.  I met a fantastic singer by the name of Daniel from the band Amber's Drive.  Check them out...they sound really cool.  Daniel sang the vocals for one of my new tunes!  I'm pumped to get everything done so I can post and start pitching!  Later that night, I met my wife and some friends out at a really sweet spot called Pinewood Social.  As the night progressed, we were joined by an A&R rep, a manager, David Nail's tour manager, someone who works at Atlantic Records, someone who works at BMI and an up and coming country artist. (all friends of friends) I know I've said it before but seriously...ONLY in Nashville!!  Great drinks, delicious food, amazing views, and awesome people.  Here's a pic from the outdoor patio....

Sunday night I'm playing my 3rd Sunday Writer's Night at Bluebird Cafe!  If you're in town come hang!!  Hoping to get a night of my own soon :) 

Stay tuned! 





2 comments:

  1. Hey! Looks like you are making a lot of good progress. I am planning a trip to Nashville in the fall…hoping to put a face with some of the people I’ve been communicating with via e-mail. I will look you up to see if you are playing anywhere when I get in town. I see you are working with Jon D’agostino. I actually sent him a couple of songs (found his information on Musicrow.com). He was nice enough to respond back to me. At the rate you are going, I will be reading about your huge success! Keep up the good work!

    Shaunda Tennille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shaunda, Great to hear from you. Glad to hear you're coming to town! Yes, Jon is a fantastic writer and Demolition Music Pub is an awesome new publishing company. Thanks so much for the kind words :) Definitely follow up when you're coming to town. Cheers!

      Delete