Thursday, May 29, 2014

DAY- 201-203

Fantastic couple of days!  Check out Chase Likens' lyric video for "Caught In A Storm" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoK35zZsBYc  The song is being picked up and played by stations all over the country.  Everyday I hear about another station that's starting to play it.  Fingers crossed I hear it randomly in the car one day.  I've always fantasized about that moment...the one in which you hear your song on a major radio station for the first time while driving in the car.  Have you ever seen "That Thing You Do" with Tom Hanks!?  There's a scene in that movie that depicts exactly what I'm talking about.  Even if I'm not the artist singing the song, it's just as special for me to know a song I wrote is touching so many other people.

Brief overview of the week...

Had a KILLER demo session at Jason Garner productions yesterday.  AJ Engstrom came in to sing a song I wrote with Jon D'Agostino and Adam Searan of Demolition Music Publishing.  Jon, Adam and I wrote the song in Key West, literally while hanging on the beach, riding scooters, and getting ready in the room.  I'm not kidding about writing while riding scooters.  We seriously we're writing at every stoplight we hit. Lol!

Today, I'm heading over to hit songwriter, J Fred Knobloch's studio to record vocals on a new song we wrote.  It's a tug-on-your-heart-strings, love in jeopardy,  type song in the vein of Cassadee Pope's "Wasting All These Tears".  We're having the super-talented, Molly Hunt record the vocals.  Can't wait!

I'm heading right now.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment