Monday, May 5, 2014

DAY - 186

What a beautiful Monday.  80 degrees and almost no humidity!

(Shameless plug alert)
Despite the amazing weather, "Caught In A Storm" hits country radio stations and iTunes TODAY!! :) Call in and request, "Chase Likens' new single, Caught In A Storm"!

I'm not subbing today and I don't start teaching at School Of Rock until 4:15pm so I figured I'd take advantage of the time to do some decent networking.  I did a bit of research this morning and stumbled across a publishing company I was not aware of.  I found Zavitson Music Group (ZMG) owned and operated by president, Russ Zavitson.  The publishing company has a stable of great writers and has had recent cuts by Thompson Square, Rodney Atkins, Chris Young, Dierks Bentley and Reba McEntire.  Today, I reached out to the VP of Creative, Eric Hurt.  I was especially interested in the company when I read that ZMG is expanding into TV/Film, Pop and Rock markets.  Eric is the talented individual responsible for heading up this expansion.  Needless to say, he's someone I personally would love to connect with.

In other news:
The Lifetime Network began airing "A Daughter's Nightmare" this past weekend, featuring my song, "Must Be Saying Yes"!  (written with Kirk Penney)  

2 comments:

  1. Hello August. I can't remembered what I Googled, but I came across your blog. I haven't read all of the post, but the ones I have read are very interesting. You are a hustler to the 10th degree and very inspiring. I am doing my best to break into the songwriting industry as well and it's hard to get the attention of people in the industry. Keep on going. I can't wait to hear about you! Oh..I watched "A Daughter's Nightmare" this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Shaunda and for the very kind words! I know exactly what you mean! Songwriting is truly the type of career path that choses you. ;) Good luck in your pursuit as well and please keep in touch!

      Delete