Monday, February 9, 2015

DAY - 358-361

My apologies for the delay.  The end of last week was a whirlwind.  At the moment, I'm trying to think back on everything that happened...

The majority of last week was spent scheduling/coordinating writing sessions and new demos that are going to production.  I'm totally booked for February and booking through March.  Staring at a full calendar of fantastic upcoming writes is honestly great AND a little overwhelming.  Maybe overwhelming is the wrong word.  I just want to make sure I'm on my game at every session with fresh ideas and music.  So that means a lot of work will be going on behind the scenes!

 Between Thursday morning and this morning, I pitched Rodney Atkins whole team (A&R, Producer, Manager) for this upcoming record.  Fingers crossed, prayers said.

Last week, I shot for the stars and also pitched George Strait's team.  They actually got back to me and let me know that they are done tracking songs.  Oh well, next time. :)

Tonight, I have a cool session lined up at Demolition with Vince Constantino.  Vince and I have a written a few together and we're hoping to knock another out tonight.  Also, my fellow Demolition Music writer, Adam Searan is performing at The Building tonight, 8pm.  If you've never heard Adam Searan you need to come check it out!!  Or, at least check out his stuff online.  www.iamtheband.net 

I'll end this post with some cool news.  I can't release to many details, but it turns out I'm getting another song cut!   I got an email from Jon D'Agostino, who said out of twenty songs pitched at a meeting, the artist chose to cut four.  Two of the songs happen to from Demolition and one happens to be a song I wrote with Jon.  Sweet! Let's keep 'em coming.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment