Tuesday, February 3, 2015

DAY - 356+357

I can't believe how close we're coming to the end of "Making It 365 Chapter 2".   I haven't even begun looking back over the past 357 days to see what has happened but I know it's been life changing.

Between yesterday morning and this morning, I pitched Rodney Atkins' whole team.  I know he's still looking for songs for his newest project so I wanted to slide one in there to see if I can get any traction.  Last night, I had another great write via Skype with Indiana songwriter, Bill Gue.   Bill and I just finished a fun, upbeat, country song that we started a few months back.  After wrapping up on that one, we started work on a new pop song.

Tonight is track night.  I have a few songs that I need to record roughs to submit to my publisher.  I just set up a dropbox folder in which I will submit all my songs for approval.   Typically, the way it works is, you submit a batch of songs and your publisher/song plugger goes through and listens.  He/she then chooses the best of the best to do full demo versions.  Some songs are good enough to stand alone just as an acoustic/vocal or piano/vocal.   Some songs never end up seeing the light of day.  I guess they all can't be hits.  :)

More to come. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment