Wednesday, June 11, 2014

DAY - 209-212

I have to start by apologizing for the delay in posts.  I thank God for how busy I am lately, but I'm realizing I need to do a better job of time management.  So here I am, sitting at the kitchen table at 7am, getting caught up.  Ahead of me is another busy day.  Starting off writing at Demolition Music Publishing with Jon D'Agostino and Adam Searan,  then off to another writing session with new co-writer and country artist, Derek Frank, then teaching lessons at School of Rock until 8pm.

The past 3 days have been a fantastic musical blur.  I've been tying up loose ends on songs,  producing a new demo,  and writing new stuff that I'm really excited about.  All the while, keeping up and making new connections.  

Monday, I wrote with Vince Constantino.  This was our second writing session and we totally knocked one out of the park!  It's a female pop or even pop/country song that just sticks like glue the minute you hear it.  I'm really looking forward to demoing this one.   What a great way to kick off the week!

And to follow it up, I had another killer session yesterday with Tammy Jacobs and Jason Eustice.  Tammy writes for AWMG publishing and Jason writes for Demolition Music publishing and they're both super-talented songwriters and great people!  I had the idea to set up this session about a month ago.  Tammy is a fantastic lyricist and Jason has killer melody ideas so I knew the three of us would collaborate on something special.  We did!  We wrote a fully finished, well-developed, up tempo, love song with a twist... in about 2 hours!  Then, gave ourselves a pat on the back and scheduled another session for next week. :)

Last night, my wife Sue and I met Vince Constantino and 4 other songwriter/artists out for dinner. We picked the spot (The Smiling Elephant) and Vince got a crew of really cool folks together.   Great times talking music and music business over Pad Thai and steamed dumplings.   After dinner, we were off to Midtown where we met up with our good friends from Bronze Radio Return.  They got into town last night and have a few days off before playing Tennessee's biggest music festival, Bonnaroo!   If you're going to be at Bonnaroo, check these guys out.  They're an amazing band with totally awesome music that makes you want to get up and shake your ass!  This year alone, they've had 50+ songs on TV and Film.  Including major adds like Behr Paint, Blue Moon, Olive Garden, PGA Tour, etc.  Trust me, catch these guys before they're so big you can't get tickets!  www.bronzeradioreturn.com

That's all for now, I have to get moving to my first session.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment