Tuesday, June 3, 2014

DAY - 206

Last night, Sue and I went to Whiskey Jam to kick off CMA week here in Nashville!  Some great bands and artists performed.  My favorite of the night was a new act called, Brothers Osborne.  Check out their latest single, "Rum".  I also really dug Jukebox Mafia.  Looking forward to catching some more shows this week as Music City lives up to its name!

Got my musical fill for the day.  I had an AMAZING writing session with Scot and Suzie Sax.  We started and finished a beautiful song this morning/afternoon.  The best part is, this song literally came out of no where.  We started with one idea and wrote our way into something totally different and special.  Not only did we finish a new song, but Scot surprised me with a brand new demo of the song we wrote a few weeks ago.  He had the incredible, Becky Bliss from the band, Barnaby Bright sing the demo.  She absolutely nailed it and Scot totally captured the simple magic of the song with his production.  What a way to start the day!  (I'll post this demo with a couple other new ones this week)

To top it off, just got an email from co-writer, Jon D'Agostino in which he forwarded me an email from a radio program director in Iowa.  Here's what it said...


Chase Likens – Caught In A Storm – There are some songs that jump up and say “I’m a big ol’ hit, “Caught In A Storm” is one of them.  
 
Drew Kirby
Program Director/ Morning Show
101.7 The Bull - (KBKB-FM) Burlington, Ia
Host / Producer/ Program Director
Hook and Hunt Radio



Woo hoo!  Let's hope he's right!!


No comments:

Post a Comment