Tuesday, May 1, 2012

DAY -210

Alright as promised, here's yesterday's recap...

-Out the door by 5:30am and straight to my studio to record finishing touches on the new song Scot Sax and I are working on. Scot's publisher digs the song and instead of a good sounding demo, he wants a fully mixed and mastered song.  Cool beans!!  Which leads me to the next phase of the day...

-Met famous producer and bass player, Barrie Maguire, at Scot's studio to help edit, remix and master the new song.  Ok, this calls for a little backstory.  When Scot told me he would get his producer friend Barrie Maguire to help beef up the song, I had no clue who Barrie Maguire was.  Come to find out (after the session) that Barrie was the bass player for one of my FAVORITE bands/records...The Wallflowers, "One Headlight", he also played bass for Natalie Merchant, then went on to produce great albums like Amos Lee, Mutlu and a ton of others!   Totally random and awesome.  I hope I didn't make a fool of myself with questions like, "so you produce music full-time?" "That's cool man!"  Anyway, Barrie was great, met for about an hour and made sure he had everything he needed... then we were on our way.   If you want just google "Barrie Maguire producer" to check out his work.  

-Off to school to take a couple finals, then off to teaching.

-Got back around 8:30pm and got an email from Ryan Beuschel at ASCAP (refer to yesterday) He gave some really important feedback on Skinny Dippin' and some killer advice about the song.   If you haven't heard it you can check it out here....http://mynameisaugust.bandcamp.com/track/skinny-dippin Overall, he really digs it.  Which is cool because he's a tough critic.

-Finally,  I did some research on Taxi.com and found a really cool listing I'm gonna pitch the new song too once we get it back!  Stay tuned.

Apologies for the laundry list, but that's exactly how the day went!

No comments:

Post a Comment